If you are dealing with the pain of a bunion, then you need to find the right ways to treat it stat! Bunion treatments come in many different forms, pending on your level of pain and the size of your bunion. A bunion is a bony bump that will form on your foot. It actually forms on the joint at the base of your big toe and then will grow from there. You can easily diagnose a bunion by simply seeing it as well as diagnosing the symptoms: location, size, swelling, tenderness and pain.
There are many factors that can cause a bunion and you will want to make sure that you know what they are in order to avoid getting another one. If you wear tight shoes, then you can get a bunion or it can also make the bunion worse. If you have a structural defect in your foot, then you may get a bunion. If you have a condition such as arthritis, then you may also get a bunion.
Luckily, there are many ways to treat a bunion. Listed here are several of the many treatment options for a bunion:
- Change your shoes. When it comes to treating a bunion, then you will want to change your shoes first and foremost. Shoes can be a culprit for bunions as well as bunion growth and you will want to avoid tight shoes or shoes with heels that are higher than two inches.
- Get orthotics or padding. You can also wrap padding around your foot as well as create a splinter in order to help it. Then, you can get custom orthotics in order to help your foot heal and to prevent the bunion from growing.
- Medications. You can also use over the counter medications to use as an anti inflammatory method of treatment.
- Ice. There are many types of treatments that involve ice and can help with the pain and the swelling.
- Bunion surgery. You may also need to get bunion surgery, which can remove the bunion and allow your foot to heal. A podiatrist will typically recommend this only after you have tried all other types of treatment options.
As you can see, there are many options for treating bunions and it is vital to find the right options that will work best for you and that will help you treat your bunion pain right away. If you want to find out more about bunions and the treatment options that may work best for you, then you will want to find the right podiatry specialist that can help you asses your needs and find the right solutions for your problems.
When it comes to podiatry specialists, then there are none better than the experts over at Podiatry Associates. They are the leading experts in podiatry and can help you with all things related to bunions. So, don’t hesitate to give them a call and find out what you need to do to get rid of your bunion pain once and for all!