If you are trying to decide if a dental root canal is the best option for you, then you need to consider both the pros and the cons for this type of procedure. There are many reasons to get a root canal as well as many reasons why you would want to consider your other options first. However, it is a decision that is best made by consulting with your dentist and determining what is best for your teeth together. Listed here are both the pros and cons of a dental root canals:
Here are the pros for choosing to get a dental root canal:
- You can be relieved of all of your pain and discomfort. If you have a toothache that requires the thought of a root canal, then you likely are living in extreme pain and discomfort all of the time. In fact, no one can quite understand the woes of a toothache until they have experienced it themselves. One pro to getting a dental root canal is that you can relieve yourself of all of this pain.
- You don’t have to lose your teeth. This is important as when you lose a tooth, then you can’t regain it in the same way. Rather, when you get a root canal, then your original tooth will be in your mouth.
- You may have a lot of other issues if the dead or dying tooth is extracted. The root canal is the last method to save what is left and to salvage that area of your mouth. This will help your other teeth not to shift or try to take over that space, which will cause more harm in the long run.
Here are the cons for choosing to get a dental root canal:
- It can be pricey! When trying to decide between a dental extraction and a dental root canal, you will find that a root canal is much more expensive.
- Your tooth will no longer be vital. This means that it grows more brittle and is more likely to experience a fracture.
- It is a complicated procedure.
As you can see, there are both pros and cons that come along with choosing to get a root canal done over a tooth extraction. If you are trying to determine what will work best for you, then you need to consult with your dentist in order to see what your steps are for your dying tooth. They will go over your particular situation and can help you choose the best options for your particular case and teeth.
If you are looking for the right dental clinic to consult with, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Wohrman Dental Group. They are the leading experts in dental care and can help you find the right options that will work best for your case and for the health of your teeth. They have experience with many different types of dental procedures and can help with anything from cosmetic dentistry to routine care. They can also provide emergency procedures and can help you decide which procedures will work best for your dental needs.