Do you suffer from dry or chapped lips? Then you should consider making your own DIY lip scrub for chapped lips. Since Valentine’s day is coming up real soon, I thought that using a lip scrub would be a great way to get some smooth kissable lips! I have always purchased lip scrubs in the past, but I’m trying to get away from purchasing everything and am now experimenting with how to make a lip scrub at home.
One natural ingredient I recently purchased was rose water. The benefits of rose water are numerous and well documented. It can help hydrate and vitalize skin, especially where your body needs it most. So, I decided to include some in my sugar scrub. Make this DIY homemade exfoliating scrub for lips with easy to find ingredients to get the kissable lips you have always wanted. I made this diy lip scrub with white sugar, but you can also use brown sugar if that is what your prefer.
DIY Lip Scrub For Chapped Lips
Lip Scrub Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil – any oil will do, choose your favorite
- 1/4 tsp rosewater
- Optional: 2-3 drops of food coloring
Add the sugar and rosewater in a bowl and mix well before slowly adding the oil. Pay attention to the consistency, using less oil to create a fluffier scrub. For a smoother scrub, keep adding oil after half of it is already in the mixture. When it is done to your liking, transfer it to a sealed jar and use it on your lips!
If you’re looking for other ideas to make your Valentine’s Day a little bit more special, I’m sharing a few ideas from my favorite bloggers.
- Easy Valentine Nails from The Socialite’s Closet
- Romantic Date Night Outfit from Style on Main
- Peppermint Chocolate Milk Bath Recipe from Pretty Opinionated
- From Day to Night Valentine’s Day Outfit from Day by Day in Our World
- Winter Beauty from The Guavalicious Life
- Leashes and Collars for Valentine’s Day from Two Little Cavaliers
- Rock and Roll Valentine’s Day from April Golightly