Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and I haven’t done any decorating yet whatsoever. In fact it’s been a while since I’ve done any crafts. I still have the Valentine heart that I created a few years ago, but it’s time for something new. The past couple of weeks I’ve been super busy so I had to come up with something super easy. Then I remembered the Mod Podge superhero letters I made for Z.E.N.’s birthday party 2 years ago.
I loved how the letters came out and it was super easy to do, so I decided to make a Mod Podge love letters craft. So if you’re looking for a quick and easy Valentine’s Day craft idea? Try this Valentine love letters craft.
The supplies I used for this Valentine love letters craft are as follows:
First I placed the letters on the scrapbook paper and used the craft knife to cut around the letters. I didn’t cut it exactly to the shape of the letters because I wanted to allow some room for error.
Once all the letters were cut out, I brushed some Mod Podge onto the chip board letters.
Adhere the scrapbooking paper onto the chip board letters and smooth out any wrinkles and /or bubbles.
Once dry, brush some Mod Podge directly onto the scrapbooking paper. I only used a few coats, because I wanted it to dry quickly, but you can do more for a glossier look.
When the top coat dried, I used the craft knife to cut off any excess paper.
I also colored in the sides of the letters in red.
I didn’t do this step because I was pressed for time, but if you want it to be super smooth with no brush marks, you can sand it down with sandpaper and then polish it with steel wool.
And there you have it! A super duper easy Valentine’s Day craft idea.
If you’re looking for other ideas to make your Valentine’s Day a little bit more special, I’m sharing a few ideas from my favorite bloggers.
- Romantic Lavender Linen Spray from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Homemade Bath Salts from Momma D Jane
- Pomegranate Cherry Parfait from Upstate Rambling
- Chocolate Strawberry Muffins from Day by Day in Our World
- Glittered Wine Glasses from How Was Your Day?
- Sparkling Cider Etched Bottle with Love Printable by A Mom’s Take
- Valentine’s Day Breakfast Recipe by Our Family World
- DIY Heart Handwarmers by About A Mom
- Reeses Pieces Valentine Jar by This Mama Loves
- Valentine’s Day Wall Hanging by Better in Bulk
- Decadent Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Recipe from My So Called Balanced Life
- Strawberry Cream Parfait for your Cubit from 2Boys + 1Girl = One Crazy Mom
- White Chocolate Valentine Hearts from Views from the Ville
- Valentine Love Letters Craft from Philzendia
- DIY Valentine’s Bath Fizzies from Simply Southern Mom
- Heart Shaped Oatmeal Dog Treats from Two Little Cavaliers
- Mason Jar Valentine’s Day Craft from Sunshine and Sippy Cups
- Valentine’s Class Parties from The Guavalicious Life
- Valentine’s DIY Cards from Libby’s Library
- Mini Meatloves for Valentine’s Day Dinner from Mom on the Side