Spring has finally arrived! Hooray! One of the things I love about the season is the vibrant color options that Spring has to offer. To celebrate Spring, I decided to make a cute little stenciled canvas tote bag, personalized for a dear little girl we know, who will be celebrating her birthday this weekend. I really love how cute this tote bag for girls came out and I hope she likes it.
How to Design a Cute Spring Tote Bag for Girls
- A canvas tote bag
- Crayola Fabric Markers (You can also use fabric paint)
- A stencil (The one I used is similar to this one)
- Tape to hold the stencil in place
- An iron to heat set the design
Making this stenciled tote bag is super easy.
I started with a plain canvas tote bag.
First, I taped the stencil onto the fabric to keep it from moving. Next up, I started filling in the stencil design with the fabric marker.
Then I removed the stencil. At this point I was just about done.
The final step I took was to iron the reverse side of the design using a hot iron (cotton setting) to set the design and voila. The result is a super cute tote bag for girls that is perfect for Spring!
For more fun Easter/Spring ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Easter Craft: Washcloth Bunny by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Easy DIY Garden Markers by A Mom’s Take
- Bunny Cupcakes by This Mama Loves
- Simple Spring Wreath by Simply Southern Mom
- Carrot (Cake) Cupcakes by Mom Does It All
- Ultimate Easter Egg Dye Guide by The Guavalicious Life
- DIY Homemade Bird Feeder by My So Called Balanced Life
- Edible Easter Placemats by Two Boys One Girl and a Crazy Mom
- DIY Colorful Spring Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- Monogrammed Earrings by How Was Your Day
- Nest Necklace by Style on Maine
- Fun and Healthy Easter Recipe for Kids: Crepe Cookies by Our Family World
- Make an Easy Painted Eggs Easter Craft with Dollar Store Supplies by My Kids Guide
- Spring Tea Party with Lemon and Ginger Scones by Day by Day in Our World
- Spring Button Canvas by Better in Bulk
- Carrot Cake Cookie Cups by About a Mom
- Spring Tulle Wreath by Upstate Ramblings