Do you suffer from dry or chapped lips? Then you should consider making your own DIY lip scrub for chapped lips. Since Valentine’s day is coming up real soon, I thought that using a lip scrub would be a great way to get some smooth kissable lips! I have always purchased lip scrubs in the past, but I’m trying to get away from purchasing everything and am now experimenting with how to make a lip scrub at home.
One natural ingredient I recently purchased was rose water. The benefits of rose water are numerous and well documented. It can help hydrate and vitalize skin, especially where your body needs it most. So, I decided to include some in my sugar scrub. Make this DIY homemade exfoliating scrub for lips with easy to find ingredients to get the kissable lips you have always wanted.
DIY Lip Scrub For Chapped Lips
Lip Scrub Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil – any oil will do, choose your favorite
- 1/4 tsp rosewater
- Optional: 2-3 drops of food coloring
Add the sugar and rosewater in a bowl and mix well before slowly adding the oil. Pay attention to the consistency, using less oil to create a fluffier scrub. For a smoother scrub, keep adding oil after half of it is already in the mixture. When it is done to your liking, transfer it to a sealed jar and use it on your lips!
If you’re looking for other ideas to make your Valentine’s Day a little bit more special, I’m sharing a few ideas from my favorite bloggers.
- Easy Valentine Nails from The Socialite’s Closet
- Romantic Date Night Outfit from Style on Main
- Peppermint Chocolate Milk Bath Recipe from Pretty Opinionated
- From Day to Night Valentine’s Day Outfit from Day by Day in Our World
- Winter Beauty from The Guavalicious Life
- Leashes and Collars for Valentine’s Day from Two Little Cavaliers
- Rock and Roll Valentine’s Day from April Golightly