The task for Day 6 of the challenge was to read through the following collection of 27 tips and tutorials for bloggers created by the following influential bloggers:
Seth Godin from Seth’s Blog
Rand Fiskin from SEOmoz
- 21 Tactics to Increase Blog Traffic
- Blogging in an Oversaturated Market is Usually a Poor Decision
- 21 Tips to earn links and tweets to your Blog Posts
Skellie from Skelliewag
- A Complete Guide to Finding and Using Incredible Flickr Images
- How to Start or Start Over Building Your Personal Brand
- 25 Paths to an Insanely Popular Blog
Chris Garrett from ChrisG
- Grow your Google authority
- Diggbait, Linkbait, Flagship Content and Authority
- The art of getting things wrong
Yaro Starak from Entrepreneurs Journey
Jeremy Schoemaker from Shoemoney
Liz Strauss from Successful Blog
- 10 Reasons Readers Don’t Leave Comments
- The Secret to Massive Digg/StumbleUpon Traffic Without Spamming
- 7 Great Ways to Connect with Other Bloggers While You’re Out Reading Blogs
Daniel Scocco from Daily Blog Tips
Chris Brogan from ChrisBrogan.com
- 50 Ways to Take Your Blog to the Next Level
- 40 Ways to Deliver Killer Blog Content
- 27 Secrets to Power your Community
I’ve been subscribed to a number of these blogs RSS feeds for years so I had already read some of these tips and tutorials prior to joining this challenge. This task allowed me to re-visit some of these posts so I could review some of the tips that were presented.
Questions to Ponder
Which of these posts and authors resonated with you the most?
I really like ShoeMoney. Back in 2006, I joined a forum called digitalpoint. That’s where I discovered ShoeMoney. He used to post on the forum a lot. Back then he wasn’t as popular as he is now, but he still had a lot of followers. I’ve been following him since then. What I like about ShoeMoney is the fact that he seems just like you an me. He’s had to deal with personal struggles, such as weight loss, just like everyone else.
Skelliewag’s guide to using Flickr images resonated with me as well. I love adding photos to my posts and am happy to see that I have already been doing something that one of the gurus recommend.