May 15th is National Chocolate Chip Day. As the country gears up to celebrate National Chocolate Chip Day, you may wonder about a few things that make this tiny little morsel such an important part of the culture. Ruth Wakefield is credited with inventing the chocolate chip cookie during the 1930s. Wakefield was a dietician who ran the Toll House inn with her husband. Interestingly, her discovery was an accident. But, by 1939, she had perfected the chocolate chip morsel as it is currently known.
No one really knows who created National Chocolate Chip Day, but many use the day to celebrate and share recipes with one of the country’s favorite ingredients. In addition to the famous cookie, chocolate chips are used in a variety of foods from cakes to muffins. They are also used as ingredients in breads and pancakes.
Are you a chocolate chip lover? Here is a great list of chocolate chip treat ideas that will help you celebrate this super sweet day!
25 Chocolate Chip Treat Ideas
1. Browned Butter Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
2. Biscoff Cookie Dough Dip
3. Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Muffins
4. Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars
5. Triple Chocolate Scones
6. Peanut Butter, Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
7. Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
8. Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
9. Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
10. Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies
11. Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
12. Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins
13. Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Chip Bread
14. Chocolate Chip Granola Wedges
15. Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes (Paleo)
16. Raw Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
17. Potato Chip Chocolate Pie
18. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Surprise Cupcakes
19. No Bake Chocolate Chip Chunks
20. Triple Chocolate Chip Muffins
21. Chocolate Chip Everything Bars
22. Chocolate Chip Breakfast Scones
23. Almond Walnut Chocolate Chip Biscotti
24. Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Brownies
25. Strawberry Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Scones
What’s your favorite chocolate chip treat?