I’m a big fan of rewards programs and try my best to frequent stores that have them. One store which I do visit every now and then oddly did not have one. I’m talking about Walgreens. Walgreens is very close to my house so all of our prescriptions are dispensed from there and we also shop there for the occasional greeting card etc… But I was never happy with the fact that they did not have a rewards program.
All of the other drugstores in our area have rewards programs, so I always wondered why Walgreens didn’t. I mean, c’mon, didn’t they want to be competitive?
Well, finally, Walgreens is launching their very own rewards program! It’s called Balance Rewards.
The Balance Rewards loyalty program offers exclusive savings and the opportunity to earn points which you will be able to instantly redeem as rewards.
Here are some key facts about the program:
- Members receive exclusive savings every week on popular products.
- Savings and points can be easily earned when members show their Balance Rewards card, provide their telephone number or scan their mobile phone.
- Members can easily access their point totals and see how many points they need until their next reward at checkout, online or through their mobile device.
- Members can redeem points immediately in-store or online for a little something special or hold off until they have earned more points for an even greater reward.
- Points will not expire as long as members remain active by shopping at Walgreens at least once every six months and redeem their points within three years.
- Points go further as you earn more.
For me, signing up was a no brainer, because hey, who doesn’t want to save money? Plus it was super easy. You can sign up in a variety of different ways, such as in stores at checkout or any photo kiosk, or online at
walgreens.com/balance or with your mobile phone.
I signed up online and did so right away because Walgreens is running an awesome giveaway. Anyone who decides to sign up to the Balance Rewards loyalty program between September 2nd and September 15th online or through the mobile app will have a chance to enter to win 10 million points. Sweet!
After I signed up, I learned about their mobile app.
I downloaded it on my iPhone and linked it to my account.
The app is awesome. You can do so many things with it such as print photos from your phone, print photos from Facebook, refill prescriptions, find coupons, see their weekly ads, and shop.
I decided to play around with the app and test it out by shopping for a few things via my iPhone. First I clicked on the coupon icon to see what would appear. This is what I saw.
I then searched for and added items to my basket.
I was able to see detailed descriptions of each item and was also able to read customer reviews.
Checkout was a breeze. I was happy that I was able to add a coupon code in during checkout. And, since the app pulled my info from when I signed up, my shipping address was already on file. The only thing I needed to add was credit card information and my order was complete.
Do You shop at Walgreens? Are you going to sign up for their rewards program?
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Walgreens #CBias #SocialFabric
— Diane Nassy(@philZENdia) September 11, 2012