I may not be Irish, but I am Catholic and we do celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Make it a lucky day at your place with these family friendly movies to watch for St Patrick’s Day and welcome the celebration of this Irish saint in a way that is fun for the whole family. From cartoon films that delight and inspire to older films that deserve a second glance, these movies will make your St. Patty’s Day one to remember….
To save his family from peril, a teenage basketball star must battle against an evil leprechaun who can only be defeated by the help of a mysterious golden charm. Though now a classic, Pretty Little Liars fans will recognize a young Ryan Merriman who also stars in the hit Freeform teen series.
An ancient book and a mysterious illuminator beckon a young boy to escape barbarian attacks on his medieval village and journey into a world of whimsical adventure. This Oscar nominee will not only captivate children but also invite parents into this beautiful rendition of Irish mythology told in the best way possible… with exactly the right words and some of the most vividly striking animation to ever hit the big screen.
This is the tale of an Irish boxer returning to his homeland in which to buy back his family home and win the heart of a woman he falls in love with at first sight. Featuring the iconic John Wayne, the film will be refreshing for parents and grandparents who remember Wayne most for his western flicks.
This imaginative Disney film about leprechaun hijinx really gets the Irish folklore surrounding these creatures right. While it should be noted that some scary scenes may frighten smaller or more sensitive children, most tweens will find them just scary enough to be fun without being disturbing.
From the light and sprite to the mythical and legendary, these St Patrick’s Day movies will make your holiday festive and fun. Whether you are celebrating with toddlers or teens, when you take the time to spend quality moments with your children you will always find the best kind of gold at the end of the rainbow… a smile.
For more St. Patrick’s Day entertainment, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Books About Irish Hauntings You Need to Read by In Our Spare Time
- St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt by Food Fun Family
- Great Movies Set in Ireland by How Was Your Day?
- 5 Irish Non-Fiction Books for St. Patrick’s Day by Mom Does it All
- St. Patrick’s Day Books for Toddlers by Mom on the Side
- How to Plan an AMAZING Last Minute St. Patrick’s Day Party by OurFamilyWorld
- 5 Beautiful Adult Celtic Coloring Books by Pretty Opinionated
- Printable St. Patrick’s Day Word Search by MommaDJane
- Movies that Induce Irish Catholic Guilt by The Guavalicious Life
- Get Your Irish on With These Bands by Day by Day In Our World