We love to travel together as a family and make memories that we will cherish for a long, long time. My memory is not as sharp as it used to be, so I need to make a special effort to document our vacations. In a few weeks we will be traveling to Orlando with Mom it Forward and will be staying at the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. These are some of the ways that we will be capturing our family vacation memories
1. Keep a journal of all the memorable moments and places you visit on your vacation. Don’t wait until the end of the day to update the journal. Write in the journal as the events happen. Spontaneity is the key to making the memories last a lifetime.
2. Take videos while on vacation. Nowadays most cell phones have decent cameras which make it easy to record events as they happen.
3. Collect souvenirs from your vacation. The souvenirs can be simple, such as a post card, or a seashell from the beach. We purchased this sombrero when we visited Mexico and have it hanging in our family room, where we can see it every day.
4. Create a photo album of your vacation. A picture is worth a thousand words. When you’re ready, just relax and open the photo album to refresh the memories of your family vacation.
5. Create a family memory jar. Take items from your vacation such as photos, receipts or post cards and put them in a jar. Then place the jar in a place where it can be viewed every day.
“Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.”